Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon November 4, 2013
Discovery Park Celebrates Opening Weekend
Discovery Park of America officials say they had a good turnout for its opening weekend.
Marketing Director Mary Nita Bondurant says the 50-acre park in Union City had more than 4,300 visitors and relatively few glitches.
Successful entrepreneur and Union City native Robert Kirkland is funding the 80-million dollar park, which features interactive exhibits on natural history, dinosaurs, Native Americans and energy, among other topics.
Kirkland has also endowed the park with operating funds for at least 20 years