Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon November 4, 2013
Discovery Park Celebrates Opening Weekend
Discovery Park of America officials say they had a good turnout for its opening weekend.
Marketing Director Mary Nita Bondurant says the 50-acre park in Union City had more than 4,300 visitors and relatively few glitches.
Successful entrepreneur and Union City native Robert Kirkland is funding the 80-million dollar park, which features interactive exhibits on natural history, dinosaurs, Native Americans and energy, among other topics.
Kirkland has also endowed the park with operating funds for at least 20 years