Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed September 11, 2013
Discovery Park of America Exhibit Designer Takes Us Through the New Union City Museum
Based in New York City, Thinc Design is an exhibition design firm that has created museum experiences around the world. It's originator, Tom Hennes, says the Discovery Park of America in Union City, inspired by the philanthropy of retired businessman Robert Kirkland, is full of fascinating exhibits. These exhibits, he says, are inspired by the community of Union City. We've met the Boston-based architect Louis Siriani who designed the building. We meet Tom Hennes with Kate Lochte, as we continue our coverage of this remarkable new tourism feature in our region.
Tom Hennes is the founder of Thinc Design in New York City. He collaborated with Robert Kirkland, the founder of the new Discovery Park of America --opening November first in Union City, to create the exhibits inside the soaring architecture of the place. See more about this new attraction that will bring visitors to our region at discoveryparkofamerica.com.