Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Around the Nation
Wed July 10, 2013
Direct TV To Offer New Channel: Dog TV
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Starting next month, Direct TV will offer a new channel - Dog TV, 24 hour programming designed just for your pooch. The aim is to entertain dogs while they're home alone, and help them deal with challenging situations. The viewers will be exposed, in small doses, to stressful sounds, like doorbells and vacuum cleaners.
Humans, during prime time, some of the contents, certainly the commercials, are designed just for you and you're probably going to be the ones footing the bill. The channel does cost extra. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.