Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue January 15, 2013
Dippin' Dots Plans Expansion for Paducah Plant
Paducah-based ice cream company Dippin’ Dots plans to upgrade and expand operations at its plant. The announcement comes after bankruptcy proceedings for the company ended yesterday.
The ice cream maker sought federal bankruptcy protection in 2011 to prevent foreclosure on more than $11 million in loans. Oklahoma City investors then purchased Dippin’ Dots for $12.7 million in May. The new owners are planning to invest $3.1 million to upgrade the plant and say the expansion will add about 30 new jobs in Paducah.