Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue January 15, 2013
Dippin' Dots Plans Expansion for Paducah Plant
Paducah-based ice cream company Dippin’ Dots plans to upgrade and expand operations at its plant. The announcement comes after bankruptcy proceedings for the company ended yesterday.
The ice cream maker sought federal bankruptcy protection in 2011 to prevent foreclosure on more than $11 million in loans. Oklahoma City investors then purchased Dippin’ Dots for $12.7 million in May. The new owners are planning to invest $3.1 million to upgrade the plant and say the expansion will add about 30 new jobs in Paducah.