Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue January 15, 2013
Dippin' Dots Plans Expansion for Paducah Plant
Paducah-based ice cream company Dippin’ Dots plans to upgrade and expand operations at its plant. The announcement comes after bankruptcy proceedings for the company ended yesterday.
The ice cream maker sought federal bankruptcy protection in 2011 to prevent foreclosure on more than $11 million in loans. Oklahoma City investors then purchased Dippin’ Dots for $12.7 million in May. The new owners are planning to invest $3.1 million to upgrade the plant and say the expansion will add about 30 new jobs in Paducah.