Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue January 15, 2013
Dippin' Dots Plans Expansion for Paducah Plant
Paducah-based ice cream company Dippin’ Dots plans to upgrade and expand operations at its plant. The announcement comes after bankruptcy proceedings for the company ended yesterday.
The ice cream maker sought federal bankruptcy protection in 2011 to prevent foreclosure on more than $11 million in loans. Oklahoma City investors then purchased Dippin’ Dots for $12.7 million in May. The new owners are planning to invest $3.1 million to upgrade the plant and say the expansion will add about 30 new jobs in Paducah.