Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue November 27, 2012
Dickens’ Alley and Main Street Merriment
Every year Murray Main Street combines caroling, lighting the Christmas Tree, and a recreation of a Victorian England Alley for visitors to enjoy, topped off with a tuba/Euphonium concert at the Robert O Miller Conference Center. We welcome Ebenezer Scrooge to learn more about Dickens’ Alley, a narrow passageway behind the Maple Street Businesses on the Court Square in Murray, between 4th and 5th Streets.
It opens at 5:30 p.m. Friday after the lighting of the tree on the corner of 5th and Maple. Also, Saturday at 7 p.m. enjoy a free concert by the Town and Gown Community Band at First Baptist Church. Murray’s Rotary Club Parade is at 10 a.m. Saturday as well.
WKMS Press Releases