Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue November 27, 2012
Dickens’ Alley and Main Street Merriment
Every year Murray Main Street combines caroling, lighting the Christmas Tree, and a recreation of a Victorian England Alley for visitors to enjoy, topped off with a tuba/Euphonium concert at the Robert O Miller Conference Center. We welcome Ebenezer Scrooge to learn more about Dickens’ Alley, a narrow passageway behind the Maple Street Businesses on the Court Square in Murray, between 4th and 5th Streets.
It opens at 5:30 p.m. Friday after the lighting of the tree on the corner of 5th and Maple. Also, Saturday at 7 p.m. enjoy a free concert by the Town and Gown Community Band at First Baptist Church. Murray’s Rotary Club Parade is at 10 a.m. Saturday as well.
WKMS Press Releases