Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue November 27, 2012
Dickens’ Alley and Main Street Merriment
Every year Murray Main Street combines caroling, lighting the Christmas Tree, and a recreation of a Victorian England Alley for visitors to enjoy, topped off with a tuba/Euphonium concert at the Robert O Miller Conference Center. We welcome Ebenezer Scrooge to learn more about Dickens’ Alley, a narrow passageway behind the Maple Street Businesses on the Court Square in Murray, between 4th and 5th Streets.
It opens at 5:30 p.m. Friday after the lighting of the tree on the corner of 5th and Maple. Also, Saturday at 7 p.m. enjoy a free concert by the Town and Gown Community Band at First Baptist Church. Murray’s Rotary Club Parade is at 10 a.m. Saturday as well.
WKMS Press Releases