Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue November 27, 2012
Dickens’ Alley and Main Street Merriment
Every year Murray Main Street combines caroling, lighting the Christmas Tree, and a recreation of a Victorian England Alley for visitors to enjoy, topped off with a tuba/Euphonium concert at the Robert O Miller Conference Center. We welcome Ebenezer Scrooge to learn more about Dickens’ Alley, a narrow passageway behind the Maple Street Businesses on the Court Square in Murray, between 4th and 5th Streets.
It opens at 5:30 p.m. Friday after the lighting of the tree on the corner of 5th and Maple. Also, Saturday at 7 p.m. enjoy a free concert by the Town and Gown Community Band at First Baptist Church. Murray’s Rotary Club Parade is at 10 a.m. Saturday as well.
WKMS Press Releases