Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 11, 2009
Developments in Dunlap Triple Murder Case
By Chris Taylor
Smithland, KY – New developments in the Kevin Wayne Dunlap triple murder case may again delay his February trial. Dunlaps' attorneys are accusing the prosecution of withholding evidence and are threatening to file sanctions. Prosecutor G.L. Ovey denies the defense's accusation, calling it unprofessional and is threatening to file sanctions of his own. The defense may push for another continuance, delaying the trial while they wait for an independent lab to test evidence. WPSD reports the judge is expected to settle the dispute at a pretrial conference Friday. Dunlap allegedly raped and stabbed Kristey Frensley and killed her three children, before setting fire to their Trigg County home.