Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu July 25, 2013
Developers Negotiate Contract with Major Hotel Chain for Downtown Paducah Project
The city of Paducah is awaiting loan approval before beginning construction on a downtown hotel project. Hotel developers are also in negotiations with a national chain to operate the facility.
The $18 million, 124- room hotel should occupy waterfront property adjacent to the Julian M. Carroll Convention Center.
Discussions between the Senate Hospitality hotel management group, developers and city officials include a pedestrian bridge between the center and the hotel.
City Manager Jeff Pederson says the project, which has been two years in the making, will bring one of Paducah’s first large-market hotels right into the heart of the city.
"With the other hotels being out on I-24, we’re talking a five mile difference here; it’s very much tapping a market that’s not pre-existing," he said.
Pederson says developers hope for a fall starting start date with a twelve to eighteen-month construction phase.