Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu July 25, 2013
Developers Negotiate Contract with Major Hotel Chain for Downtown Paducah Project
The city of Paducah is awaiting loan approval before beginning construction on a downtown hotel project. Hotel developers are also in negotiations with a national chain to operate the facility.
The $18 million, 124- room hotel should occupy waterfront property adjacent to the Julian M. Carroll Convention Center.
Discussions between the Senate Hospitality hotel management group, developers and city officials include a pedestrian bridge between the center and the hotel.
City Manager Jeff Pederson says the project, which has been two years in the making, will bring one of Paducah’s first large-market hotels right into the heart of the city.
"With the other hotels being out on I-24, we’re talking a five mile difference here; it’s very much tapping a market that’s not pre-existing," he said.
Pederson says developers hope for a fall starting start date with a twelve to eighteen-month construction phase.