Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon March 30, 2009
Department of Education reviews Hopkins County
By Casey Northcutt
Madisonville, KY – The Kentucky Department of Education recently reviewed the Hopkins County school system and identified five areas in which it can improve. Assistant Superintendent Linda Zellich says the review began after the school system met only 15 of 16 No Child Left Behind goals, falling behind in the category regarding students with reading disabilities. The faulty areas identified include fully aligned curriculums and the lack of high scholastic expectation in the local culture. Zellich says officials have already started improving policies.