Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon March 30, 2009
Department of Education reviews Hopkins County
By Casey Northcutt
Madisonville, KY – The Kentucky Department of Education recently reviewed the Hopkins County school system and identified five areas in which it can improve. Assistant Superintendent Linda Zellich says the review began after the school system met only 15 of 16 No Child Left Behind goals, falling behind in the category regarding students with reading disabilities. The faulty areas identified include fully aligned curriculums and the lack of high scholastic expectation in the local culture. Zellich says officials have already started improving policies.