Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri June 21, 2013
Democratic PACs Attack McConnell In Upcoming Ad
Two Democratic groups say they will air a TV ad in Kentucky attacking U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell who faces re-election next year. Senate Majority PAC and Patriot Majority USA released a 30-second spot yesterday morning that shows a clip of McConnell saying he has "lived on a government salary for 30 years."
It then charges that McConnell has voted to raise his own pay and to cut Medicare for senior citizens. McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton said the ad shows "Barack Obama's allies" are desperate to attack Kentucky's longest serving U.S. senator. The groups said the ad will be part of a long-term initiative that will include radio spots as well as outreaches online, through the mail and via telephone.