Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon February 13, 2012
Delta Mariner to be repaired in Paducah
The cargo ship Delta Mariner that tore off a 322-foot section of a bridge over the Tennessee River will be repaired in Paducah. U.S. Coast Guard Lieutenant Jennifer Jessee says as soon as the bridge was removed from the deck of the five-story tall Delta Mariner, the vessel would be moved to James Marine's dry dock for repairs. The ship struck the Eggner's Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake on January 26, tearing away a span and halting traffic on the western entrance to the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. Jessee says the greatest damage was done to the ship's handrails and deck machinery. She says the vessel must pass an inspection before resuming its voyage to Cape Canaveral, Florida, to deliver rocket parts for NASA and the U.S. Air Force.