Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 1, 2009
Delta Cuts Back on Barkley Flights
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – Delta Air Lines is cutting back its number of daily flights out of Paducah's Barkley Regional Airport. Airport Manager Richard Roof says the company will reduce the number of daily round-trip flights to Memphis, offering two instead of three. The cutback leaves Barkley with the least number of daily flights launching in many years. Delta claims declining revenue is responsible for the cuts. The Paducah Chamber of Commerce is lobbying at the state Capitol in hopes of gaining support from legislators in asking the company to reconsider the reduction.