Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 21, 2009
Deliberations Continue for Steven Green
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – A jury has returned for a second day of deliberations over whether a former Fort Campbell soldier should be sentenced to die or imprisoned for life. The panel returned this morning just before nine. Jurors started deliberations in the case of former Pfc. Steven Dale Green yesterday afternoon. The federal court jury in Paducah convicted the 24-year-old ex-soldier from Midland, Texas, on May 7. Green was found guilty of raping an Iraqi girl and killing her and her family. During closing arguments Wednesday, federal prosecutors said Green should be sentenced to death because of the brutality of the crime, while Green's attorneys told jurors he should be spared a death sentence.