Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 5, 2009
Defense Rests in Green Case
By Chad Lampe
Paducah, KY – Defense attorneys rested their case today in the trial of an ex-soldier charged with the rape and murder of an Iraqi teen and the deaths of her family. Steven Green's Defense attorneys called two soldiers to discuss the hardships troops face in combat. Green's attorney's asked jurors to consider the context surrounding soldiers in his company. The defense contends the Army failed to help the fighters after colleagues and leaders were killed in enemy attacks. The former private's case is scheduled to go to the jury tomorrow.