Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 5, 2009
Defense Rests in Green Case
By Chad Lampe
Paducah, KY – Defense attorneys rested their case today in the trial of an ex-soldier charged with the rape and murder of an Iraqi teen and the deaths of her family. Steven Green's Defense attorneys called two soldiers to discuss the hardships troops face in combat. Green's attorney's asked jurors to consider the context surrounding soldiers in his company. The defense contends the Army failed to help the fighters after colleagues and leaders were killed in enemy attacks. The former private's case is scheduled to go to the jury tomorrow.