Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue February 9, 2010
Decrease in temperatures minimizes salt
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Kentucky State Police say most main roads in the region are now clear. Side roads are still snowy and slushy, but overall they are moderately safe. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Public Information Officer Keith Todd says tonight's impending low temperatures could change things considerably.
"Our salt and other ice-fighting chemicals have sort of a reduced impact. So we have the potential for some refreezing on some road ways overnight tonight. So anybody that's going to be out, particularly during the late evening hours, need to be aware of those hazards."
Links to road conditions and closings associated with this winter weather are available at our web site WKMS.org.