Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri December 16, 2011
December Q&A with MSU President Dr. Randy Dunn
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – Murray State's Board of Regents voted at the December meeting 9 to 1 to demolish Ordway Hall. Ordway was built in 1931 and served as a dormitory, until it was converted into a building of office suites. The building has deteriorated over the years and now faces the wrecking ball because of the price to bring it into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and fire safety requirements. Dr. Dunn addresses the boards decision to demolish the building instead of keeping the building due to its historic nature.
Also, in the conversation Dr. Dunn addresses the long process of gaining re-accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and why it is important.