Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri February 27, 2009
Debris collected exceeds 84,000 cubic yards
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Contractors for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet have picked up more than 84 thousand cubic yards of debris in the State's 12 westernmost counties since last month's ice storm. Spokesman Keith Todd says that amount of material would fill more than 38,200 pickup trucks. Crews have collected the most material from Lyon and Livingston counties so far. Motorists are reminded to remain alert for removal crews as they continue their work.