Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon March 2, 2009
Debris Cleanup Continues
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Ice Storm Debris cleanup efforts continue in Western Kentucky. In Calloway County, officials are discontinuing the county fairgrounds as a drop off point. All residents should bring their limb debris to the Calloway County Road Department at East Sycamore in Murray. In McCracken County, contractors have completed the first pass over of roadways in the eastern part of the county, but will have to go over the area again to get all branches picked up. Residents who live on numbered highways east of US 45 in McCracken County should move their tree limbs to the side of the road. Homeowners should avoid placing their debris in ditches and under power lines.