Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Mon March 2, 2009
Debris Cleanup Continues
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Ice Storm Debris cleanup efforts continue in Western Kentucky. In Calloway County, officials are discontinuing the county fairgrounds as a drop off point. All residents should bring their limb debris to the Calloway County Road Department at East Sycamore in Murray. In McCracken County, contractors have completed the first pass over of roadways in the eastern part of the county, but will have to go over the area again to get all branches picked up. Residents who live on numbered highways east of US 45 in McCracken County should move their tree limbs to the side of the road. Homeowners should avoid placing their debris in ditches and under power lines.