Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 8, 2009
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's use of the death penalty could be expanded to include more child killers. Republican Representative Joe Fischer's proposal would give prosecutors more freedom to seek the death penalty in certain murder cases. Prosecutors could seek the death penalty against people who kill children under age 12 after having previously harmed them. The proposal is just one of nearly 200 filed in the opening days of the 2009 General Assembly.