Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed January 15, 2014
[Deadline Tomorrow] Send Your Song to the WKMS Battle of the Bands Competition
Does your band have what it takes to win our first-ever battle of the bands competition?
Send us your best song by March 7 and your band could be voted among the finalists to perform live at Maiden Alley Cinema for the grand prize: a three-day recording session at King Sound Studio, including mixing and mastering, and a live studio performance on Sounds Good.
Each band (group of two or more) may submit one song to WKMS via: mp3 emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or CD mailed to 2018 University Station, Murray, KY 42071. Please tell us your band name, names of band members, where you're from, and any other information of particular interest.
Songs must be:
- Original (no covers)
- Radio-quality recordings
- FCC clean
(WKMS facilities or personnel will not be available to record entries. No one who is currently employed by WKMS may enter.)
Entrants will be narrowed down by a committee of WKMS music hosts followed by online judging by WKMS listeners.
The finalists must be available to play three songs in a live Battle of the Bands at Maiden Alley Cinema on Thursday, March 27 at 7:00 p.m.
By entering this contest, you agree to be available to play in the final competition on March 27 if chosen and to allow WKMS to use your submitted song on the air during local programming and as part of a "Battle of the Bands" compilation CD as a special fundraiser premium (not for sale). If your submission is the Grand Prize winner, you also agree to play live on Sounds Good on April 4.
The winning band will receive:
- A three-day recording session at King Sound Studio, including mixing and mastering.
- A featured spotlight in a WKMS enewsletter and program guide.
- The opportunity to play live on the WKMS midday program, Sounds Good, on Friday, April 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Other on air and online promotion of the Battle of the Bands finalists!
GRAND PRIZE INFO:
Three-Day Professional Recording Session Package
King Sound Studio
625 S. 4th Street, Paducah, KY
Your Grand Prize Includes:
(3) Days of Studio Time!
That's three days to record your finest demos, singles, EPs - whatever you can produce in up to 30 hours in a professional recording studio. Studio time includes an audio engineer for the mixing and recording of your project as well as post-production mastering. Scheduling is subject to availability.
Total Package Value: $1200