Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu March 28, 2013
Daviess County Native Killed in Afghanistan
A Fort Campbell soldier from Daviess County Kentucky died Wednesday during an attack on his unit in the Shinwar District of the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan. Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 26, was a member of the 327th Infantry Unit, First Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.
The Owensboro Messenger Enquirer reports Cable was a high school cross-country star. The 101st assumed responsibility of the combined joint task force in eastern Afghanistan on March 14.