Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu March 28, 2013
Daviess County Native Killed in Afghanistan
A Fort Campbell soldier from Daviess County Kentucky died Wednesday during an attack on his unit in the Shinwar District of the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan. Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 26, was a member of the 327th Infantry Unit, First Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.
The Owensboro Messenger Enquirer reports Cable was a high school cross-country star. The 101st assumed responsibility of the combined joint task force in eastern Afghanistan on March 14.