Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 28, 2013
Daviess County Native Killed in Afghanistan
A Fort Campbell soldier from Daviess County Kentucky died Wednesday during an attack on his unit in the Shinwar District of the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan. Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 26, was a member of the 327th Infantry Unit, First Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.
The Owensboro Messenger Enquirer reports Cable was a high school cross-country star. The 101st assumed responsibility of the combined joint task force in eastern Afghanistan on March 14.