Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu March 28, 2013
Daviess County Native Killed in Afghanistan
A Fort Campbell soldier from Daviess County Kentucky died Wednesday during an attack on his unit in the Shinwar District of the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan. Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 26, was a member of the 327th Infantry Unit, First Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.
The Owensboro Messenger Enquirer reports Cable was a high school cross-country star. The 101st assumed responsibility of the combined joint task force in eastern Afghanistan on March 14.