Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu March 28, 2013
Daviess County Native Killed in Afghanistan
A Fort Campbell soldier from Daviess County Kentucky died Wednesday during an attack on his unit in the Shinwar District of the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan. Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 26, was a member of the 327th Infantry Unit, First Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.
The Owensboro Messenger Enquirer reports Cable was a high school cross-country star. The 101st assumed responsibility of the combined joint task force in eastern Afghanistan on March 14.