Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon April 14, 2014
Davies To Visit Campus This Week
Murray State University's president-elect Robert Davies is set to visit the main campus for the first time tomorrow for the Provost's Concert at Lovett Auditorium, according to MSU Public Relations.
During his three-day visit, Davies is expected to answer questions from reporters, attend a staff congress meeting and attend a faculty recognition banquet before departing on Thursday.
Murray State's board of regents voted unanimously in March to hire Davies from Eastern Oregon University as the university's president.
Davies is expected to officially begin July 14. He will replace Tim Miller, who was named the 12th president at the board's last meeting after acting as interim since mid-2013.