Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed September 5, 2012
Datebook: September 5 - Animator Frank Thomas Turns 100
Pinocchio singing, Bambi and Thumper on ice, Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti, "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book, the dwarfs surrounding "dead" Snow White, penguins dancing with Mary Poppins and so, so many more memorable moments in Disney classics... animated by Frank Thomas (1912-2004) who turns 100 today.
It’s Wednesday, September 5
Murray Family Church hosts a “Refuse to Be a Victim” crime prevention seminar tomorrow evening at 6. The three to four hour seminar promotes awareness and prevention of criminal confrontations, including tips on home, automobile, phone, technology, and travel safety. The cost is $25 per person; pre-register by calling (270) 293-1223.
Friday is the application deadline for the Leadership Paducah Youth Leadership Program. The program is open to high school juniors in Paducah or McCracken County. Participants learn about human needs and service learning, communication and career development, business and economy, law and government, and healthcare in McCracken County. Find applications at leadershippaducah.org.
Murray State University celebrates 90 years with a special event tomorrow evening at 6 in the Quad. Faculty members talk about university history, including short presentations on Wrather, Wilson, Wells, Lovett, and Pogue. The public is invited to attend.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.