Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
Wed September 4, 2013
Datebook: September 4 - Google Founded 15 Years Ago
Larry Page and Sergey Brin were Ph.D students at Stanford University when they incorporated Google as a privately held company on this day in 1998. By the end of the year, Google had indexed 60 million pages. Today, Google employs nearly 45,000 and is worth nearly $100 billion dollars.
It’s Wednesday, September 4
Baptist Health Paducah offers a Prepared Childbirth Class Saturday from 9 to 3 in Meeting Room A of Doctors Office Building 2. The free class is designed to help expectant parents in their second or third trimester learn about the labor and delivery process. To register, call (270) 575-2229.
Bikes on Broadway is Sunday afternoon from 1-4 on Broadway Street in Paducah. Bring bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters, tricycles, strollers, running shoes, or walking shoes for a day of strolling and riding along Broadway. For more information, visit paducahky.gov or call (270) 444-8508.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic, which provides healthcare to the working uninsured in Calloway County. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.