Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri September 28, 2012
Datebook: September 28 - Thomas Crapper Turns 176
Contrary to widespread misconceptions, Thomas Crapper did not invent the flush toilet, but rather did much to popularize the toilet with related inventions. Let us not remember his legacy for silly things like "taking a crap," but rather for his most important contribution, the ballcock.
It’s Friday, September 28
The Murray State University Department of Music presents the sixth annual Fall Fanfare Concert in Lovett Auditorium tomorrow afternoon at 2. $5 tickets are available at the door and benefit music scholarships. Hear an hour of entertaining performances by the Wind Ensemble, Concert Choir, University Chorale, Jazz Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra, and the 300-plus member Racer Marching Band.
The Pennyrile Walk to End Alzheimer’s begins tomorrow morning at 9 at the Christian County Justice Center in Hopkinsville. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The Paris-Henry County Arts Council sponsors “Arts Around the Square” tomorrow from 9 until 4. Artisans from all over the Mid-South demonstrate their art and sell their artwork in downtown Paris. There’s also live music, food, and kids’ activities. Details at visitdowntownparis.com.
You can see more community events at wkms.org, where we would appreciate your gift in support of public radio. Thanks.