Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu September 27, 2012
Datebook: September 27 - Samuel Adams Turns 290
Samuel Adams... Founding Father, leader of the American Revolution, and brewing enthusiast, was born on this day in 1722. He was influential in organizing the Boston Tea Party, Declaration of Independence, and Articles of Confederation. Modern scholars debate his rebellious nature, but I think some would agree he'd be a guy you'd want to drink a beer with.
It’s Thursday, September 27
Dinty Moore, winner of the National Book Prize for non-fiction, gives a reading tonight at 7:30 in Murray State University’s Clara Eagle Art Gallery, located on the sixth floor of the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building. The reading is free and open to the public, with a reception to follow at the Faculty Club.
There’s a dinner fundraiser on Sunday for the Sedalia and Cuba elementary schools’ family resource centers. The dinner starts at 11:30 at Crop Production Services in Sedalia. Lunch plates include grilled chicken or a grilled pork chop, mashed potatoes, baked beans, and a roll for $8 per plate. To learn more, call 328-4854.
The Murray State Department of Art and Design celebrates family weekend with the annual Foundations Student Art Show. A reception will be held tomorrow evening from 6 to 8 at the Clara Eagle Art Gallery. The public is invited to attend.
There’s a complete community events calendar at wkms.org, where we appreciate your pledge of support for WKMS. Thanks.