Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu September 26, 2013
Datebook: September 26 - TS Eliot Turns 125
Considered one of the 20th century's greatest poets, St. Louis born Thomas Stearns Eliot emigrated to the UK at the age of 25 where he would write his famous works The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and The Waste Land. In 1948, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature for his contributions to poetry.
It’s Thursday, Sept. 26
Paducah Parks Services is currently accepting nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Veteran Award. Candidates should currently reside in McCracken County and be involved in their communities. Anyone, male or female, who has served in any branch of the military may be nominated. Nomination forms are available in the Parks Office or at paducahky.gov.
Adsmore House & Gardens in Princeton features an exhibit titled “Home from Washington, D.C. (1914)” starting Saturday and running through November 6. The exhibit features 1914 White House invitations and mementos, clothing, pictures, and more. For more information, visit adsmore.org.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.