Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed September 26, 2012
Datebook: September 26 - First Televised Presidential Debate 52 Year Ago
The first televised debate between presidential candidates aired on this day in 1960, broadcast by CBS in Chicago. US Senator John F. Kennedy faced Vice President Richard Nixon. It was one of the most watched broadcasts in US TV history, with 66 million viewers.
It’s Wednesday, September 26
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah presents Matthew Bourne's "Swan Lake" tomorrow night at 7. The iconic production replaces the traditionally female ensemble dancers with a menacing male ensemble. Tickets are $10. For more information, visit www.maidenalleycinema.com.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital holds a blood drive tonight from 5 until 8 at the Hazel Baptist Church. All blood types are needed, especially O-Negative blood. Donors must be at least 18 years old, must be in good health, and must weigh at least 110 pounds.
Barbecue on the River starts tonight at 6 in Paducah with Porkstock, an evening including musical performances from Soul Dog and the $ellouts. Live music continues tomorrow and Friday afternoons, with a full day of entertainment on Saturday. There’s a complete schedule at bbqontheriver.org.
See a calendar of community events at wkms.org, where you can also become a member of this public radio station. Thank you.