Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue September 25, 2012
Datebook: September 25 - Christopher Reeve Turns 60
He was best known as Superman, and a Hollywood 'hearthrob' until tragically being thrown from a horse in 1995. Christopher Reeve (1952-2004) spent his final years lobbying for spinal cord injury and stem cell research. In a way, he never stopped being Superman.
It’s Tuesday, September 25
Participants in the Eagles Photography Show are honored tonight at a reception in the Graves County Schools’ Performing Arts Center Gallery. The community is invited to view the photographs. The reception begins at 6. The Performing Arts Center is next to Graves County High School.
McCracken County teenagers interested in participating in Teen Board are invited to an informational meeting tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 at the Paducah Recreation Center. The Teen Board plans programs, events, and community service projects for teens while promoting wellness, character development, and civic leadership. For more information, call 444-8508.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College welcomes Flamenco Talk to the college’s annual Hispanic Heritage Celebration. The arts organization combines colorful costumes, singing, guitar playing, and dancing. There’s a free public performance tomorrow at 1PM in the Clemens Fine Arts Center.
Find more community events at wkms.org, where you can learn more about supporting public radio. Thank you.