Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue September 24, 2013
Datebook: September 24 - 60 Minutes Debuts 45 Years Ago
Coming in at 6 on TV Guide's "Greatest TV Shows of All Time" list, CBS' 60 Minutes was the creation of Don Hewitt, set apart for its unique style of investigative journalism. The program has won a total of 95 Emmys and 20 Peabody Awards. It's the longest continuously running program in American network primetime.
It's Tuesday, Sept. 24
The McCracken County Public Library hosts "The History of Paducah ICG Railroad Shops," a presentation by John A. Rogers, as part of its Evenings Upstairs series. The hour-long presentation is Thursday night at 7 in the second floor meeting room. Admission is free. For more information visit mclib.net.
In honor of National Public Lands Day, Land Between the Lakes offers a trail clean-up opportunity Saturday at Wranglers Campground from 9 to 3. Bug spray, gloves, and lunch are provided. See details at lbl.org. To register, call 270-924-2007.
There's an exhibit of hand-carved figures by George Barrette Floyd on display in the Pennyroyal Treasures exhibit at the Museums of Historic Hopkinsville-Christian County. The pieces in the exhibit depict Native American culture. The exhibit runs through the end of the month. The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 9 to 5 and Saturday from 10 to 3.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.