Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon September 23, 2013
Datebook: September 23 - Victoria Woodhull Turns 175
Victoria Woodhull was the first woman to run for president, the first woman to start a weekly newspaper, and the first woman to operate a Wall St. brokerage firm. She advocated women's rights and labor reform, controversially rallying against the corrupt capitalist elite in support of the working class.
It's Monday, Sept. 23
The Breast Cancer Support Group meets tomorrow evening from 6:30-7:30 at the Center for Health and Wellness. For more information, contact Evelyn Wallis at (270) 489-2462.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic, which provides healthcare to the working uninsured in Calloway County. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College offers a science seminar titled "Estimating Time of Death in Humans" Wednesday morning at 11 in Waller Hall. Dr. Jim Smart shares his recent research interests in forensic science. The hour-long seminar is free and open to the public. For more information call (270) 534-3236.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening