Most Active Stories
- State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
- [VIDEOS] WKMS Presents "Living on the Line: Poverty in Western Kentucky"
- Paducah Police Chief Responds to Accusations that Officers Used Excessive Force
- Professional Basketball Player, Ministry Founder Bob Warren Remembered as Generous Man
- Paducah Named One of World’s Smartest Cities
Thu September 19, 2013
Datebook: September 19 - Talk Like a Pirate Day
Shiver me timbers! It's Talk Like a Pirate Day again! Landlubbers can walk the plank today! Be sure to greet friends with a hearty "Ahoy, matey!" And if ye see any pieces of eight, send 'em to yer favorite radio station, WKMS. It's a pledge drive fer goodness sakes, ARRR!
It’s Thursday, Sept. 19
Dr. Sonya Gabrielle Baker, soprano, and Dr. Meeyoun Park, collaborative pianist, give a faculty recital Sunday afternoon at 3:30 at the Performing Arts Hall on the campus of Murray State University. The program includes works by Bach, Schubert, Strauss, Amy Beach, and Ricky Ian Gordon, as well as traditional spirituals. The recital is free and open to the public.
There’s a Drive 4 UR Community event Saturday from 10 to 4 at Mayfield High School, raising funds for the Mayfield-Graves County Needline & Food Pantry. For every valid test drive completed, Ford Motor Company donates $20 to Needline. Each test drive and evaluation takes about 25 minutes. For more information, call 270-247-6333.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.