Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri September 14, 2012
Datebook: September 14 - Blue Jays Set Home Run Record 25 Years Ago
On this day in 1987, the Toronto Blue Jays set an MLB record hitting 10 home runs in a single game, defeating the Baltimore Orioles 18-3, and ending Cal Ripken Jr.'s streak of 8,243 consecutive innings played.
It’s Friday, September 14
The Lyon County Between the Rivers Homecoming celebrates former Land Between the Lakes residents tomorrow at the Star Camp Picnic Area, just off the Woodlands Trace in the northern portion of LBL. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited to visit and reminisce. For more information, call 388-0358.
There’s an outdoor movie tonight at Fort Massac State Park in Metropolis. The film is “Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.” Bring your own chairs or blankets. Admission is free, and the movie starts at 8.
The Ice House Gallery in Mayfield hosts the Gourd Patch Arts Festival tomorrow beginning at 9AM. The festival celebrates a national art exhibition titled “All About Gourds” with a day of artists, gourd vendors, live music, hayrides, a gourd-mobile racecar derby, and more. Murray State percussionists perform using instruments made from gourds from 11 to 1. Details at icehousearts.org.
Find more community events online at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.