Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue September 10, 2013
Datebook: September 10 - Large Hadron Collider Powered Up 5 Years Ago
Considered "one of the greatest engineering milestones of mankind," the Large Hadron Collider powered up on this day in 2008, after 10 years of development by CERN. The aim is to test the predictions of particle physics, identify the Higgs boson particle, and advance human understanding of physical laws.
It’s Tuesday, September 10
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Wellness Works program offers free screenings for blood pressure, osteoporosis, and blood sugar tomorrow morning from 8 to 11 at the Calloway County Public Library. For more information, call 270-762-1348.
The West Kentucky Community and Technical College Study Abroad Program leads a trip to London, Normandy, Paris, Berlin, and Munich in May 2014. The trip, which is open to the public, helps travelers gain insight into the effects of World War II. To learn more about the trip, attend a free informational meeting Wednesday morning at 11 at the Matheson Library Resource Building.
Paducah Parks Services offers yoga on Thursday evenings at the Paducah Recreation Center, starting this week. Classes are held from 6:15-7 p.m. and are free with a PRC membership, which is $5 for a calendar year. For more information, call 270-444-8508.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.