Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 3, 2013
Datebook: Pickett's Charge 150 Years Ago
On the last day of the Battle of Gettysburg, Gen. Robert E. Lee ordered an infantry assault to strike the Union center. 12,500 Confederates marched, and some reached the Union wall, but they could not hold. Years later, when asked why his charge failed, Pickett said, "I've always thought the Yankees had something to do with it."
It’s Wednesday, July 3
LBL’s Nature Station offers a Sunset Kayak Trip Friday evening from 6 to 8:30. Search for wildlife that visits the lake at twilight such as osprey, herons, beavers, and songbirds. The cost is $20 per kayak. Reservations and full deposits required by calling 270-924-2020.
The Humane Society of Calloway County is holding its first Animal Academy Day Camp. The free camp for kids ages 7 to 11 meets Tuesdays in July from 2 to 4 at the Carmen Animal Health Building. Kids learn about cats, exotic animals, dogs, and wildlife. Pre-register by calling 270-759-1884.
Court Appointed Special Advocates seeks volunteer advocates from the Murray-Calloway County area. Volunteers with the non-profit organization advocate for the timely and safe placement of abused and neglected children. Training is provided. To find out more about the application process call CASA at 270-761-0164.
Tune in tomorrow at 11 to hear “Songs We Used To Sing.” Thanks for listening.