Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue October 9, 2012
Datebook: October 9 - Che Guevara Executed 45 Years Ago
Che was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, a major figure in the Cuban Revolution, and a ubiquitous international symbol of rebellion. He was both revered and reviled for repelling the Bay of Pigs invasion and precipitating the Cuban Missile Crisis. TIME named him one of the most influential people of the 20th century; Maryland Institute College of Art called this photo one of "the most famous photographs in the world."
It’s Tuesday, October 9
Girls of all ages interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics are invited to attend a forum on Thursday at the West Kentucky Community and Technical College Emerging Technology Center. The free event features hands-on activities and demonstrations by area professionals. Registration begins at 3:30, and the forum lasts from 4 to 6:30. For more information, call 442-3174.
Lantern-Lit Ghost Tours begin Friday, departing from Paducah’s Market House Theatre. Hear chilling legends and lore of Paducah’s past during the lantern-lit walking tour. Tours start at 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30. Make reservations by calling 444-6828.
Learn to make Delicious Crawfish Dip, a Pesto Cheese Blossom, and Stuffed Artichokes at Thursday’s “Simply Anita” cooking class, to be held at 6PM in the WKCTC Anderson Technical Building. Register by calling 534-3335.
See more community events at wkms.org.