Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon October 8, 2012
Datebook: October 8 - Cats Debuts on Broadway 30 Years Ago
The 2nd-longest running show on Broadway made it's debut on this day in 1982. Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats began its 18-year run, telling the story of a tribe of cats and reincarnation. With much critical acclaim, show is widely considered to be the cat's meow.
It’s Monday, October 8
Maiden Alley Cinema presents “Mary and Max” tonight at 6:30 as part of the Faith in Film series. The animated film tells the story of two unlikely pen pals. For more information, visit maidenalleycinema.com.
Market House Theatre in Paducah holds auditions for “A Christmas Story” tonight and Wednesday night at 6:30. The Christmas classic follows 9-year-old Ralphie Parker in his quest to get a genuine Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas. Roles are available for adults, teens, and children ages 8 and up. Details at 444-6828.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes celebrates Wolf Week. Special programs offer visitors the opportunity to learn about the endangered red wolf. Programs are offered at 1:30 and 2:30 daily through Friday, with programs at 11:30, 1:30, and 3 during the weekend. See more at lbl.org.
Visit wkms.org to learn about our Kindle Fire HD giveaway. Thanks for listening.