Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 7, 2013
Datebook: October 7 - Great Flood of '93 Ends
Twenty years ago, the largest flood ever recorded on the Mississippi destroyed over 30,000 square miles, causing roughly $15 billion in damages and an estimated 32 lives. On this day, 103 days later, the Mississippi River at St. Louis finally dropped below flood stage, marking an end to the disaster.
It’s Monday, October 7
The Parkinson's Support Group meets tomorrow at noon at the George Weaks Community Center in Murray. Come at 11:30 a.m. to eat lunch. For more information, contact Dixie Hopkins at 270-753-6001.
Dr. Emily Hanna Crane, violin, and Dr. Jeffrey Wood, piano, give a recital Thursday night at 7:30 in the Performing Arts Hall on the campus of Murray State University. The program features works by Leos Janacek, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johannes Brahms and Jeffrey Wood. The recital is free and open to the public. For more information, call 270-809-4288.
There’s a blood drive Wednesday from 8:30 to 5 at the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Center for Health and Wellness, located at 716 Poplar Street. The public is invited to donate blood. For more information, call 270-762-1348.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org, where you can make a pledge to help finish up the fall fundraiser when you click Contribute Now. Thanks.