Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 7, 2013
Datebook: October 7 - Great Flood of '93 Ends
Twenty years ago, the largest flood ever recorded on the Mississippi destroyed over 30,000 square miles, causing roughly $15 billion in damages and an estimated 32 lives. On this day, 103 days later, the Mississippi River at St. Louis finally dropped below flood stage, marking an end to the disaster.
It’s Monday, October 7
The Parkinson's Support Group meets tomorrow at noon at the George Weaks Community Center in Murray. Come at 11:30 a.m. to eat lunch. For more information, contact Dixie Hopkins at 270-753-6001.
Dr. Emily Hanna Crane, violin, and Dr. Jeffrey Wood, piano, give a recital Thursday night at 7:30 in the Performing Arts Hall on the campus of Murray State University. The program features works by Leos Janacek, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johannes Brahms and Jeffrey Wood. The recital is free and open to the public. For more information, call 270-809-4288.
There’s a blood drive Wednesday from 8:30 to 5 at the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Center for Health and Wellness, located at 716 Poplar Street. The public is invited to donate blood. For more information, call 270-762-1348.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org, where you can make a pledge to help finish up the fall fundraiser when you click Contribute Now. Thanks.