Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu October 4, 2012
Datebook: October 4 - Leave It to Beaver Debuts 55 Years Ago
June, Ward, Beav, and Wally became the iconic suburban family of the mid-20th century, making their first appearance on CBS on this day in 1957 (later moving to ABC). It was one of the first shows written from a child's point of view, and was compared by Variety to Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer. Gee, that's swell!
It’s Thursday, October 4
The Calloway County Public Library hosts a scarf-making workshop Saturday morning from 9:30 to 11:30. Trigg County Extension Agent Cecelia Hostilo leads the free workshop. Space is limited; register by calling 753-2288.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers Nature Arts Day on Saturday from 10 to 4. The entire family can learn about nature by participating in arts and crafts, including basket-making, boat building, rock painting, and more. See details at lbl.org.
The St. Francis Ladies Club of Dover, TN, hosts a fall festival on Saturday from 9 to 3 at the church. The festival includes a blessing of the animals, a canned good collection, door prizes, vendors, and more. All proceeds fund the charity projects of the St. Francis Ladies Club. For more information, call 931-627-0534.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.