Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri October 4, 2013
Datebook: October 4 - Charlton Heston Turns 90
Charlton Heston appeared in over 100 films over 60 years, including The Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur, and Planet of the Apes. Time magazine wrote, "From start to finish, Heston was a grand, ornery anachronism, the sinewy symbol of a time Hollywood took itself seriously." He died in 2008.
It’s Friday, October 4
The NAMI Walk for Wellness is tomorrow morning at Noble Park in Paducah. Registration starts at 9 a.m., and the walk starts at 10. The event raises awareness about treatment for mental illness and is sponsored by PAMHAC, Lourdes Behavioral Health, and Four Rivers Behavioral Health.
Paducah Parks Services is currently accepting nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Veteran Award. Candidates should currently reside in McCracken County and be involved in their communities. Anyone, male or female, who has served in any branch of the military may be nominated. Nomination forms are available in the Parks Office or at paducahky.gov.
The Paducah Symphony gives a concert tomorrow night at 7:30 at the Carson Center. The program includes works by Verdi and Dvorak, as well as a Kentucky premiere of the Tews Chamber Symphony. To purchase tickets, visit paducahsymphony.org. or call 270-444-0065.