Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu October 24, 2013
Datebook: October 24
There’s an Empty Bowls Project painting party Saturday from 10 to 1 at the Trace Creek Baptist Church Family Life Center in Mayfield. The cost is $8 to paint a bowl. The Empty Bowls Project raises money for the Mayfield-Graves County Food Pantry. For more information, call Claudia Heath at 270-705-6062.
Printmaker Jonpaul Smith holds an open house at the A.I.R. Studio in Paducah Saturday evening from 5 to 7. Smith weaves found objects and discarded commercial waste into large compositions. See samples of his work at jonpaulcsmith.com.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes hosts the 19th Annual Howl-O-Ween this Saturday. The kid-friendly daytime event celebrates the non-scary side of Halloween. Dress in costume, take a guided hike, and learn the real story of the red wolf. Tours begin at 1 and continue throughout the day, with the final tour leaving at 4. See details at lbl.org.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.