Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue October 22, 2013
Datebook: October 22 - The Met Opens
On this day in 1883, The Metropolitan Opera House opened with a performance of Charles Gounod's Faust, starring Christina Nilsson. It was a major success, with some of its first subscribers including members of the Morgan, Roosevelt, and Vanderbilt families. Today The Met has an annual budget of $325 million.
It’s Tuesday, Oct. 22
This Thursday at noon, organist Stephen Wiggin gives a 15-minute recital of music by J.S. Bach on the historic Estey Pipe Organ at Grace Church in Hopkinsville. The recital is part of the Music at Midday series. The program is free and open to the public.
Baptist Health Paducah hosts a Grandparenting Class Thursday evening from 5 to 6 in the Atrium Classroom of Doctors Office Building 2. The free class provides grandparents and older caregivers with updated information, safety tips, and a refresher on how to care for grandchildren. Call (270) 575-2229 to register.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
See more community events at wkms.org, where you can help us finish off the fall fundraiser when you click Contribute Now. Thanks.