Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 22, 2012
Datebook: October 22 - 1st Recorded Parachute Jump 215 Years Ago
Andre-Jacques Garnerin invented the frameless parachute, but he proved he was more than just full of hot air when he descended 3,000 feet in a silk parachute from a hot air balloon, into a crowd of spectators in Parc Monceau. He landed unharmed minus a few scrapes and the crowd literally fell in love.
It’s Monday, October 22
Learn everything needed to make homemade pasta at tomorrow night’s “Simply Anita” cooking class, to be held at 6PM in the WKCTC Anderson Technical Building. Topics include making basic pasta dough, using a pasta machine, and cutting and drying various types of pasta. Register by calling 534-3335.
The Graves County High School Orchestra presents its Halloween Concert tomorrow night at 7. The concert is in the district’s Performing Arts Center, located next to the high school.
The Paducah Symphony Orchestra Purple Toad Affair is tomorrow night at the Purple Toad Winery in Paducah. Hear music from Lew Jetton and 61 South, taste local wines, and enjoy a grilled chicken dinner. Tickets are $25 per person, with proceeds benefiting the Paducah Symphony Orchestra. Make reservations at 444-0065.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.