Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue October 2, 2012
Datebook: October 2 - Groucho Turns 122
Happy birthday Groucho Marx! It's hard to imagine he turns 122 today. Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
It’s Tuesday, October 2
The annual Murray State University Faculty Showcase Recital is tonight at 7:30 in the Performing Arts Hall. Eleven faculty members perform musical selections ranging from light classical to jazz. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for students, with proceeds benefiting the music scholarship fund.
Land Between the Lakes offers Laser Light Shows at the Golden Pond Planetarium tonight. The shows blend a range of popular music with a laser light display in the 40-foot planetarium dome. The 5:30 show features music by REM and Nirvana. The 7:00 show features music by the Beatles.
Terry Barber, a countertenor and former member of the vocal ensemble Chanticleer, performs tonight at 7:30 at the FCNB Auditorium at Dyersburg State Community College. Barber’s repertoire includes opera, classical, gospel, folk, and jazz. For tickets, call 731-285-9117.
See more community events at wkms.org.