Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 19, 2012
Datebook: October 19 - Auguste Lumiere Turns 150
Happy birthday to one half of the Lumiere brothers, the earliest filmmakers in history. Auguste and Louis patented the process of moving film through a camera and projector, showing their first film in 1895, of workers leaving their factory. Unfortunately, Louis felt "the cinema is an invention without any future."
It’s Friday, October 19
Local musicians team up against cancer during the Rockin’ For Research Festival, beginning tomorrow afternoon at 2 at Hudson Toyota Chrysler of Madisonville. Hear music from Eddie Pennington, the Pat Ballard Band, the Alonzo Pennington Band, and the Boscoe France Band. The event is free and open to the public; donations benefit cancer awareness.
The Humane Society of Calloway County invites dogs and their people to BARKtoberfest tomorrow from noon to 4 at Murray’s Central Park Courthouse Pavilion. The event features a doggie costume contest, a cake walk, fall pet photos, and more. See details at forthepets.org.
The Marshall County Exceptional Center offers an open house on Sunday afternoon from 1 to 4. Hear musical performances by the Lakes Area Gospel Singers, the Liberty Boys, and Exceptional Center individuals. The Marshall County Exceptional Center is located at 198 Old Symsonia Road in Benton.
See our online community event calendar at wkms.org.