Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue October 16, 2012
Datebook: October 16 - Cuban Missile Crisis Begins 50 Years Ago
The Cuban Missile Crisis began on this day in 1962, a confrontation between the Soviet Union & Cuba and the US - a major moment in the Cold War. Cuban and Soviet governments began building secret nuclear missile bases with the ability to strike most of the US. It was diffused with agreements to never invade Cuba and that missiles on both sides would be dismantled.
It’s Tuesday, October 16
Little Shop of Horrors opens this weekend at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park. A floral assistant becomes an overnight sensation with the help of an ill-tempered, R&B singing carnivorous plant. Shows are Friday and Saturday at 7PM and Sunday at 2:30. Reserve tickets by calling the Playhouse at 759-1752.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds its monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office. For more information, call James Patterson at 886-9484.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital hosts its annual Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon tomorrow at 11 in the Murray Room of the CFSB Center. The free event features presentations on the latest innovations in mammography, giveaways, door prizes, and more. RSVP by calling 762-1381.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.