Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 10, 2013
Datebook: October 10 - Verdi Turns 200
Giuseppe Verdi was an Italian Romantic composer, best known for his works including Rigoletto, La Traviata, Don Carlo, and Falstaff. He dominated the Italian scene post Bellini and Rossini, and still does, despite critics who say his work lacks refinement, which is perhaps the very thing that makes it persevere.
It’s Thursday, Oct. 10
There’s an ACT Prep Workshop at the Murray State University Paducah Regional Campus on Saturday, October 19, from 9AM to 1PM. The four-hour workshop covers parts of the test, scoring, sample questions, and tips, with an in-depth focus on the math portion. The cost of the workshop is $55. Preregister at murraystate.edu/actprep.
The National Quilt Museum presents "Two Approaches: Now & The Future of Quilting," opening tomorrow and running through January 14. The exhibit explores the works of modern quilt maker Denyse Schmidt and innovative quilt artist Marianne Burr. For more information, visit quiltmuseum.org.
Murray State University offers a non-credit community education class titled “Computers for Senior Citizens.” The five-week class is designed for beginners and meets Wednesdays beginning October 23 from 3 to 4:30 in the Collins Center for Industry and Technology. The cost is $35. Register by calling 270-809-3659.