Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed October 10, 2012
Datebook: October 10 - Outer Space Treaty 45 Years Ago
The US, UK, and Russia were the first to enforce that the exploration of space should be carried out for the benefits of all countries, free for exploration, not subject to sovereignty, not a place to orbit nuclear weapons, that the Moon shall be used for peaceful purposes, that astronauts are envoys of Earth, and that countries should be responsible for any damage of space objects. Tell that to Darth Vader.
It’s Wednesday, October 10
First Christian Church of Mayfield holds a Blues Night tomorrow beginning at 7. Enjoy traditional and contemporary Christian music through the lens of New Orleans-style blues. Featured performers include Dr. Jessie Webb and members of the local Pearl House Band. Dress for the evening is casual.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes continues its Wolf Week celebration tomorrow with a 1:30 program titled “Red Wolves: A Southern Wonder.” Watch the wolves enjoy an afternoon snack at 2:30. Both programs are free with admission to the Nature Station.
The McCracken County Public Library invites the public to Journey into the Spirit World with paranormal investigator Patti Starr. The free program is part of the Evenings Upstairs series and begins tomorrow evening at 7 in the library’s second floor meeting room. For more information, call 442-2510.
Learn about our Kindle Fire HD giveaway at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.