Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Fri November 8, 2013
Datebook: November 8
Land Between the Lakes honors veterans by waiving fees at The Homeplace, Elk & Bison Prairie, Woodlands Nature Station, and Golden Pond Planetarium tomorrow through Monday. Wranglers Campground issues a free daily horse trailer permit, and Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area issues free vehicle permits. For more information, visit lbl.org.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts presents Jane L. Powell: Goddess of Soul tonight at 7:30. Powell has a five-octave vocal range and performs classic R&B, jazz, reggae, and gospel. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased by visiting glemacenter.org, by calling (270) 821-ARTS, or at the door.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
Add more community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.