Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri November 8, 2013
Datebook: November 8
Land Between the Lakes honors veterans by waiving fees at The Homeplace, Elk & Bison Prairie, Woodlands Nature Station, and Golden Pond Planetarium tomorrow through Monday. Wranglers Campground issues a free daily horse trailer permit, and Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area issues free vehicle permits. For more information, visit lbl.org.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts presents Jane L. Powell: Goddess of Soul tonight at 7:30. Powell has a five-octave vocal range and performs classic R&B, jazz, reggae, and gospel. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased by visiting glemacenter.org, by calling (270) 821-ARTS, or at the door.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
Add more community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.