Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri November 8, 2013
Datebook: November 8
Land Between the Lakes honors veterans by waiving fees at The Homeplace, Elk & Bison Prairie, Woodlands Nature Station, and Golden Pond Planetarium tomorrow through Monday. Wranglers Campground issues a free daily horse trailer permit, and Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area issues free vehicle permits. For more information, visit lbl.org.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts presents Jane L. Powell: Goddess of Soul tonight at 7:30. Powell has a five-octave vocal range and performs classic R&B, jazz, reggae, and gospel. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased by visiting glemacenter.org, by calling (270) 821-ARTS, or at the door.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
Add more community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.